This hands-on workshop is designed for software developers who want to learn how to build sophisticated web mapping applications using Open Source. It takes you through the detailed process of writing applications from start to finish. What’s more, you get to take a fully functioning web mapping application away with you, ready to deploy in your organisation straightaway.
Rather than being taught in a traditional lecture style format, our interactive workshop has been designed to get you hands-on from the outset. As you progress through the day, you will add more and more functionality to your application.
In summary, you will learn how to:
- Build a sophisticated web-mapping application
- Annotate the map
- Style annotations
- Save to a spatial database
- Edit shapes and save them to a spatial database
- Filter both spatially and non-spatially
- Automatically recall saved shapes from a spatial database and draw them on a map
- Snap shapes to OS MasterMap™